Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh... Canada.

Hockey Canada officials to appear before parliament to explain team captaincy choice.

For a moment, this article caused me to lament the fact that Canada's got it all over us in their devotion to ice hockey, until I realized that all the fuss was caused by whether the player in question may or may not have uttered an ethnic slur about a French-Canadian referee.

This, of course, prompted me to search Google for some good French-Canadian ethnic slurs. I honestly wasn't aware that any existed. The best I could find after my grueling fifteen seconds of searching was "dirty French-Canadians", which seems a little impotent against all but the most emotionally fragile of our Francophonic neighbors. I was hoping for something with a little more vitriol.

C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home