Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm a knife. Knifin' around. Cut cut cut cut...

Hillary and I got to hang out with friends Adam and Brandi over the weekend, checking out the Mt. Laurel Spring Festival. We had a great time, even though we managed to come away without buying anything from the dozen or so vendor tents that were set up. The weather was spectacular, and there was even a live band playing in the park, which, if not necessarily good, compensated admirably with pure enthusiasm. I think our respective womenfolk are considering renting some vendor space for upcoming weekends.

Mt. Laurel is a neat little town; it kind of reminded me of Sandpoint. Except twice as expensive (and that's saying a lot). We had an excellent lunch at the little bistro right off the town square, which had a fairly eclectic menu. I had the most unusual (but delicious) bowl of chicken and dumplings I've ever eaten, though the "shrimp and grits" dish was strangely appealing and may require a future visit.

Lately, Hillary and I have been playing the hell out of Guitar Hero 2 on the Xbox 360, which becomes an entirely new dimension of fun when you go multiplayer. Few joys in life approach blasting through Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name" (with the volume cranked and yelling the uncensored version of the lyrics back at the screen, of course). Settlers of Catan is apparently due on Live Arcade this week, so I predict some overtime hours for the Xbox.

We were a bit disappointed, if not surprised, at Fox's quick cancellation of "Drive". It wasn't a quality show, but it was good, dumb fun. Captain Malcolm Reynolds as an everyman with a dark past forced into an illegal cross-country race by a shadowy, seemingly omnipotent underground organization? Yes, please. And it didn't hurt that the series co-starred the very definition of "oddly hot" that is Melanie Lynskey. Oh well, I guess they needed that extra hour of network time every week for such masterworks as "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" and "The War at Home" (quite possibly the worst sitcom ever created, now enjoying its second season). I almost wish they'd go ahead and cancel "House, M.D.", just so I'd have an excuse to never watch Fox again.

Okay, I'll admit that "American Idol" is a guilty pleasure. Which I'd be somewhat ashamed of, except that I know most of the people reading this watch "America's Next Top Model" religiously. To each their own. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home