Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring is here!

Between the frequent rain showers, we've had some positively beautiful days outside this month. I sometimes wonder if my mood really is tied to the weather; on sunny days, it's a lot easier to keep my energy going and be excited about things. Maybe that's why I was so miserable during the winter -- that, and being sick for two months.

One nice thing about Spring is that a lot of bands decide to release albums around now. Here are a few that are out, or are coming out shortly:

Tool, (untitled) - There hasn't been much buzz about the new album, amazingly enough, but the first single, "Vicarious", comes out April 17th. It's been nearly five years since Lateralus, so I can't wait for a new full-length Tool album.

Zero 7, "The Garden" - I have a soft spot for downtempo electronic groups with female singers, and Zero 7 is probably my favorite. They've brought back both of the singers from When It Falls, which makes me very happy.

Tilly and the Wall, "Bottoms of Barrels" - Energetic indie folk-pop with tap-dancing as percussion? It's safe to say they're a unique act, definitely. I've heard the new album (go go Internet!), and it's amazing. A bit more folky than their debut, but the songs are just as catchy.

Irving, "Death in the Garden, Blood on the Flowers" - I raved about these guys several months ago, and their new effort is just as good as the last one. The diversity between the songs is incredible -- just take a listen, and you'll notice similarities to everything from Smashing Pumpkins to They Might Be Giants to Simon & Garfunkel.

If he's still there, we're going to meet this guy on Saturday. If he's well-tempered and not too allergy-inducing (and if my wife doesn't kill me for wanting a dog), well... we might have a new family member soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home