Thursday, March 02, 2006

Not dead yet!

It's a month later, and I'm still getting over being sick. Apparently I had a bad case of viral bronchitis, which was made worse by catching a cold right as I started taking antibiotics. I also managed to tear the cartilidge under my ribcage by coughing in the middle of the night, so it hurts to move around too much.

So far I've only missed two and a half days of work (not bad for being sick for six weeks!), and I'm starting to feel better now.

I've been having a blast raiding in World of Warcraft. I've been going to Blackwing Lair semi-regularly, and my Mage has epic items in most of his equipment slots now. Hillary and I are still playing our Hunter/Druid combo, which is proving to be very deadly as we get up in levels -- she can dish out some amazing damage, her pet is great at distracting extra monsters, and I'm getting where I'm versatile enough to tank, heal, or dish out damage as the situation requires.

Other than our online friends, there's not much to call a social life here in Sandpoint. It's definitely an "older" town; most of the kids here go off to college and then don't come back afterwards, which makes the chances of finding people with similar interests fairly slim. My co-workers aren't much into gaming, though I'm going to try inviting some folks over for a game party once I'm feeling better.

Our lease (and my one-year commitment to my job) is up in June, and I don't know what we're going to do after that. Hillary likes the area and her job, but I'm not sure how much Sandpoint has to offer me in the long term. I'm pretty torn between wanting to stay here a while longer, moving back to Birmingham/Huntsville, or going crazy and trying to find a good job someplace completely new. At least we're getting close to having enough saved for a decent down payment on a house, so we can set up somewhere (and stop overpaying on rent) once we decide what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home