Friday, March 31, 2006

At least I can't complain of boredom

It's been a crazy week at work, yet I'm feeling a little more comfortable with my job than I have in quite a while. My department has merged with the web team, which brings me into contact with a lot of new faces. I'm also getting more involved in the day-to-day retail support operations, which is an interesting change. It's nice to have readily attainable goals every day, rather than "you'll be testing this monster application that may or may not be complete sometime this century".

At home, there's no end of things to do. We're over a season behind on watching 24, and we've got a stack of PC and PS2 games that haven't even been opened yet. I'm forcing myself to be good and not pick up any more new games, despite all the buzz that Guitar Hero and Kingdom Hearts 2 are getting.

Our television has picked up the annoying habit of emitting a loud, high-pitched squeal after it's been turned on for a few minutes. Hillary is blessed with the inability to hear super-high frequencies most of the time, but it absolutely drives me crazy. I assume something in the TV is resonating at the scan frequency, but repeated slapping of the top of the set hasn't improved the problem. We went to Coeur d'Alene to look at TV's last weekend, and I think I'll be buying one tomorrow. I have my eye on this Philips LCD HDTV, but I don't know if we can get that price in the physical store. If not, they had a 32" that looked pretty nice.

Hillary and I are still leveling like crazy in World of Warcraft. I think she's really looking forward to getting into endgame raiding, since it's a whole different animal from the two- and three-person groups we use when leveling. It's a good thing, since my Mage is about to "cap out" of Molten Core, and has most of his endgame gear now. Just in time to step in with my new Druid and start all over again.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger vo0do0chile said...

you should invite some of these new faces over to play gmaes and tell them i will feed them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home