Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy Holidays? Sure, why not.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We're a bit behind on getting stuff sent out, so if you're expecting a package from us, it'll be a few more days.

We had a very good weekend. Hillary got me a new guitar (a very nice acoustic/electric), which was a huge surprise. My fingers aren't used to playing anymore, so it'll take a bit of practice to get familiar with it. We did a traditional turkey/potatoes/stuffing Christmas dinner, and everything was wonderful. The only thing missing was my mom's pumpkin pie (which is godly), but our replacement from the local pie restaurant was nearly as good.

I mentioned it a while back, but I'm firmly re-entrenched in World of Warcraft. I'm raiding Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair weekly with my Mage, and my Shaman is rapidly approaching level 60 (though I doubt I'll use him for raiding). I picked up a copy of WoW for Hillary, and she seems to be enjoying her new Tauren Hunter. I started a Druid just to play with her, and both characters are already level 17. We've played MMORPG's together in the past, but I tend to get burned out and we stop playing before our characters get to the higher levels. I don't think this will happen with WoW, since I already have two endgame-level characters and am still having a lot of fun.

I don't want to go into details just yet, but I may be in a transitory state with my job. As in, I'm really finding myself wanting to transit someplace else. We'll see how it pans out -- they like me here, but some stuff that has happened over the past couple of weeks really gives a new meaning to "hostile work environment". Fortunately, I've saved a lot of money since we moved, so we'll have plenty of breathing room if I decide to look for a new job that I'll be happier at.

A couple of friends have already offered to hook me up with employment in various locations around the country, and I really appreciate that. If I do leave the company, I think we're going to stay in Sandpoint for the time being -- we have another six months on our lease, and Hillary really loves her job. I don't want her to have to move again unless we're in really dire straits, which isn't the case this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home